Hi, I’m Elise Bialylew Founder of The Mind Life Project and Mindful in May the global mindfulness meditation campaign that has taught thousands of people around the world to meditate and raised over $500,000 to build clean water wells in developing countries. The mission of The Mind Life Project and Mindful in May is to support people around the world to live happier, wiser lives and contribute to addressing issues around global poverty through the annual mindful in may fundraising campaign.
After having a baby 8 months ago, I’m looking to build a powerful team to help The Mind Life Project and Mindful in May grow and have an even bigger impact in the world.
I’m looking for people who are in this for the long term and are interested in being part of a team who can continue to grow a for purpose, social enterprise that uses it’s profits to do good in the world.
This role is not for the faint hearted. Although the job is a busy one with high demands at times, I lead my team with the values that underpin the business: mindfulness, understanding, compassion, honesty, respect and generosity and I’m committed to supporting you to grow personally and professionally to reach your personal vision for the future.
As the digital content manager you will be in charge of project managing various online courses that The Mind Life Project rolls out, including the global Mindful in May campaign. You will also be in charge of assisting in maintaining online content including editorial calendars, blog posts and helping to launch other exciting projects including a podcast series, and developing and executing social media strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project management of online launches including products and online courses (including Mindful in May)
- Ensuring execution and implementation of online content strategy
- Establishing and tracking launch process in Asana project management software
- Analysing customer feedback and making product improvement recommendations
- Assistance with overall marketing strategy and execution
- Affiliate research, outreach and management for digital products including developing digital collateral for launches
- Researching and Liaising with other online businesses and bloggers to develop relationships and create potential collaborations and partnerships
- Monitoring data and developing strategy accordingly
- Growth of social network communities and mailing list (including maintaining/increasing open rates)
- Developing ideas for blog content and assisting in e-newsletter communications and editing.
- Managing social media channels including FB, instagram, Linked In, Twitter (creating brand aligned content, finding interesting inspiring articles)
- Keeping up to date with the changgin landscape of social media and reporting back to founder on potential new opportunities or ideas around harnessing social media
- Finding better ways to operate and improve our business systems
- Exceptional project management skills and/or strong Marketing/Communications background – with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. Asana)
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and execute timely results
- Ability to take big picture view whilst executing micro tasks
- High level Word, Excel, Powerpoint and WordPress skills
- Wide experience with various tech platforms ie. wordpress, leadpages, FB ads, google docs, asana, evernote, leadpages, Ontraport – or willingness to learn!)
- Experience with online course platforms (ie ideally wishlist or willingness to learn before job commences)
- An interest and knowledge of current thought leaders in the online business space
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional writing skills
- Willingness to learn new systems and skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Strong communication skills and grammar
- An ability to solve problems creatively under pressure
- A drive to learn
- A can do attitude
- A commitment to achieving results
Preferable (not mandatory)
- Live in Melbourne and can work both in person and virtually (not a deal breaker!)
- You are personally interested in wellbeing (maybe you’re a yoga fan, a meditator yourself, green smoothie drinker – and you know who the big names in wellbeing are online)
- Experience with Ontraport (or willing to learn in your own time)
- Experience with creating FB ad campaigns that convert
- An understanding of sales funnels (leadpages)
- Graphic design skills (canva, picmonkey, or photoshop)
This role is for you if you:
- Are passionate about working for a purpose driven company having a huge positive impact in the world
- Want to be creatively stimulated and enabled to think big, innovate and take risks to experiment with new ideas
- Thrive on learning new skills and applying them to have a powerful impact in the world
- Seek to work flexibly (hours and location independence if desired – aka think take your work to a hot tropical island)
- Want to work with people who are fun, positive and inspired to learn and innovate
- Want to share your work with thousands of people to help them live a better, happier life.
- Have experience and a successful track record in managing high quality digital launches
- Have project management experience
- Have been following many thought leaders in the world of online courses/products and marketing
- Are a perfectionist and are willing to try something many times over to get it right
- Love learning about new tech tools that exist to grow business
- Don’t have enough hours in the day to listen to the podcasts you’d love to listen to and do the online courses you’d love to do
- Have a personal interest in wellbeing and/or understand the landscape of offerings online in the wellbeing space
- Have excellent communication skills
- Thrive in roles where you can take self-initiative
- Are excited and comfortable working in a start-up, lean business environment where you can be adaptable, agile and create structure within an ever-changing landscape of change
- Are a passion and purpose driven person who gets excited about finding solutions to problems and putting your energy into work that matters
- Love data and analytics and are comfortable interpreting business metrics
- Are proactive not reactive
- Love implementation and execution and get a kick from ticking tasks of your to do list
- Believe that life is too short to do work that you don’t love
- Are looking for a role that you can grow into and be part of for the next 2-3 years at a minimum
- Are available 3 days a week (with the possibility of more hours and potential for a full time position in this role if you are a good fit)
This role is not for you if:
- You are new to the online business world
- You thrive on structure and need to be told what to do most of the time
- You are unable to work flexible hours and meet the fluctuating intensity of work periods that go along with working in a start up that has seasonal launches
- Organisation is not one of your strengths
- You want to be working in an office surrounded by other people (we are working lean and in start up style – think co-working in lounge room styles until we move to an office)
- Facebook reports and google analytics make you want to bury your head in the sand
- You are wanting a strategy based position
- You are looking for a short term gig
Tools currently used in the business:
Excel, Word, Google Drive, Dropbox, Apple programmes, Ontraport, Leadpages, WordPress, all Social Media channels, Wishlist Member, PayPal, Xero, Asana.
- The role is initially for 4 days a week with potentially increasing hours during high season periods (negotiable).
- Pay will be experience dependant
- Job will start as soon as a candidate is found ~ September (start date is negotiable).
Please complete this form- >>
- Submit a short video no more than 3 minutes telling me why you want this position and what you will bring to the team (be as creative as you like) can be shot on webcam or smartphone
- After filming the video please upload it to dropbox or wetransfer (whichever you prefer) and then send a link to the video, to [email protected] with subject heading “video application:[your name].
Applications are on a rolling basis and job will be given to the applicant with the best fit as soon as it is received.
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to reply to successful candidates. Thank you for your interest in joining the Mind Life Project team.