The Mind Life Project, is a social enterprise which supports people to live happy, fulfilled lives through online and offline mindfulness based personal development programs and events.
One of The Mind Life Project’s signature offerings is the Mindful in May global one month online mindfulness meditation campaign that has taught thousands of people around the world to meditate and raised over $500,000 to build clean water wells in developing countries.
The Mind Life Project also offers:
- The Power of Presence 6 week online mindfulness program
- Corporate mindfulness training
- Monthly offline meditation events that integrate creativity and the arts and build community and connection
- The Mind Life Project podcast – conversations on living a happy, fulfilled life (soon to launch)
- In person retreats around Australia (soon to launch)
- Creativity and innovation
- Personal growth and wisdom
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
About the Role
As the Marketing and Communications Manager you will support the Mind Life Project and it’s associated initiatives including the annual Mindful in May campaign, to grow and expand, touching more lives and having a larger positive impact in the world. You’ll be closely working with Elise Bialylew, the founder and helping in both developing strategy but more importantly executing and getting things done behind the scenes across different areas of the business. You will be super organised and have a strong capacity for juggling multiple tasks and project management.
The role is 3 days a week.
Salary $40K (with performance bonuses)
- Have 3+ years in marketing experience
- Be brilliantly organised
- Be unafraid of measuring outcomes and metrics of the business
- Be adaptable
- Flexible with time (ie 3 days a week with increased hours around peak times of campaign launches ie march-may)
- Live in Melbourne
Not essential but added bonus:
- Graphic design skills
- Assisting in marketing strategy
- Execution of marketing strategy to grow the business
- Managing social media streams and FB groups and curating and creating content
- Assisting in setting up and ongoing running of podcast (ie backend aspect of uploading and updating wordpress pages with appropriate copy
- Assisting with event curation and project management/logistics
- Assisting with project managing and executing the development of online products (courses, e-books)
- Liaising with potential promotional partners and collaborators to help grow the business and reach
- Tracking metrics and data and iterating strategy accordingly (ie google analytics, basic FB analytics)
- Assisting with CRM management – writing and mapping out e-newsletters, and developing an editorial calendar.
- Creating timelines for online launches and assisting in project management of big online launches including Mindful in May.
You’ll know you’ve been successful in this role if in 6 months time:
- Your execution has contributed to Mindful in May tripling in growth in terms of participants and fundraising for clean water in developing countries
- You have successfully assisted in launching the second round of The 6 week online Power of Presence mindfulness programwith a doubling in growth of participants
- You have successfully set up a podcast and managed to organise monthly interviews with inspiring people who fit the brand and mission of The Mind Life Project
- You have helped to double the Mind Life Project email list through assisting in list building strategies and executing these strategies
Current platforms used in business:
- Ontraport email CRM
- Google docs
- Asana task management
- Can work from home
- Flexible hours
- Work with fun, innovative people who are values driven and passionate about transforming lives for the better
How to apply for this job
Please complete THIS FORM
Applications close on Nov 15th with an interview for those that are shortlisted BUT job will be given to the applicant with the best fit as soon as it is received so get in quickly!
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to reply to successful candidates. Thank you for your interest in joining the Mind Life Project team.