About the Mind Life Project
The Mind Life Project, is a social enterprise which supports people to live happy, fulfilled lives through online and offline mindfulness based personal development programs and events.
One of The Mind Life Project’s signature offerings is Mindful in May the world’s largest global one month online mindfulness meditation fundraising campaign that’s reached over 40+ countries and features a program including the world’s leaders in the field. Mindful in May has attracted corporate companies including Google and celebrities including Magda Szubanski who have participated annually in the program. The campaign has raised over $600,000 to build clean water wells in developing countries and transformed over 15,000 lives through the gift of clean water. We’re passionate about working hard to change the world for the better!
The Mind Life Project also offers:
- The Power of Presence 6 week online mindfulness program
- Corporate mindfulness training
- Monthly offline meditation events that integrate creativity and the arts and build community and connection
- The Mind Life Project Membership – an ongoing membership and learning platform
- The Mind Life Project podcast – conversations on living a happy, fulfilled life (soon to launch)
- Self accountability
- Technical competence
- Attention to detail
- Reliability and adaptability
- Personal growth and wellbeing
About the Role
As the Operations Manager of this predominantly online business, you’ll be bringing your organisational and operational brilliance to improving the happiness of thousands of people around the world.
You’ll be working alongside the Founder, Elise Bialylew, to learn the intimate workings of the company and ultimately be responsible for the operations and execution of key initiatives and overall running of the business, including Mindful in May and The Mind Life Project membership. You’ll be comfortable working lean and working in the online world, through previous operational experience in online businesses (ie. program or product launches, managing communities online). You’re someone who is known for getting things done and being brilliantly organised and you’ve got significant experience in the digital world. You will be crucial in helping execute ideas and develop systems to make the business run smoothly. You’ll be the person the organisation depends upon backstage to make sure everything happens, and support the business to expand it’s vision and impact. You thrive on taking an idea and turning it into an end product, managing the many aspects of the project along the way. You’re tenacious, hard working, have a low tolerance for mediocre and have a keen attention to detail.You ideally live in Melbourne with a capacity to work both in person and remotely (there is flexibility around this working arrangement).
- Starts asap and includes a 2-month trial period beginning as soon as possible.
- You’ll be working collaboratively in a small team
- Salary: $100K full time
- Based in Melbourne (but will consider remote worker for the right person)
- A born organiser – both brilliantly organised yourself and good at organising others
- Data driven and capable of developing business insights that drive growth
- Committed to personal development and wellbeing
- Comfortable operating in a lean business, improving automation and creating streamlined systems and structures for the business
- Excited to grow with the business and develop your role over time
- Adaptable and get excited about working on diverse projects
- A self starter with a “can do” attitude
- Someone who thrives on a challenge, and is driven to learn and solve problems
- Comfortable operating in a lean business context, improving automation and creating streamlined systems for the business
- A roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty DOER
- Previous experience in operational management of an online business (ideally you’ve been working in the online business space for 5+ years)
- Digital Marketing experience (ie. managing databases, email newsletters, campaigns)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- An incredible drive to G.S.D (get stuff done)
- A desire to work in a for purpose business and have a positive impact in the world
- Managing the customer database, email list and generating leads
- Assisting with key hiring, and personnel performance management
- Managing and executing online product launches
- Developing and optimising affiliate relationships and partnerships for all projects within the business
- Creating streamlined systems within the business and improving documentation of critical business processes and procedures
- Monitoring business metrics and using this data to help drive growth of the business
- Supporting the founder with the generation and execution of new business development opportunities
- Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject: operations manager
- Fill out this form
For enquiries: email: [email protected]
Deadline Sept 28th.
To start immediately.