ABOUT THE MIND LIFE PROJECT + MINDFUL IN MAY
The Mind Life Project, is a social enterprise which supports people to live happy, fulfilled lives through online and offline mindfulness based personal development programs and events.
One of The Mind Life Project’s signature offerings is the Mindful in May global one month online mindfulness meditation campaign that has taught thousands of people around the world to meditate and raised over $500,000 to build clean water wells in developing countries.
The Mind Life Project also offers:
– The Power of Presence 6 week online mindfulness program
– Offline corporate mindfulness training
– Monthly offline meditation events that integrate creativity and the arts and build community and connection
– The Mind Life Project podcast – conversations on living a happy, fulfilled life (soon to launch)
– In person retreats around Australia (soon to launch)
– Creativity and innovation
– Personal growth and wisdom
– Strong work ethic
– Attention to detail
MIND LIFE PROJECT TEAM
The Mind Life Project team comprises Elise Bialylew (founder), two full time staff members and seasonal staff in the lead up to the annual Mindful in May campaign.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Seeking a brilliant Social Media Community Manager to help continue to grow the vision of The Mind Life Project and Mindful in May and contribute to making the world a happier, wiser more compassionate place.
This role is not for the faint hearted.
As the Community Manager you will be in charge of developing a social media strategy and executing this strategy across all social media platforms. You will also be responsible for assisting in communications across e-newsletters and developing ideas to grow the email list.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing social media strategy and executing across social media channels
- Creating branded collateral to share on social media channels
- Running Facebook ad campaigns (using Power Editor)
- Assisting in writing and planning e-newsletters
- Developing ideas and campaigns for list building
- Researching and liaising with other online businesses and bloggers to develop relationships and create potential business collaborations and partnerships
- Strong previous social media community manager experience
- A personal interest in wellbeing and personal development with a sense of the leading online businesses and thought leaders in the wellbeing/meditation space
- A drive to track and understand analytics and metrics to ensure high impact of strategies
- Graphic design skills (ie canva, or photoshop) with a strong sense of design and aesthetic
- An understanding of social media trends.
- Wide experience with various tech platforms or willingness to learn ie. wordpress, leadpages, FB ads, google docs, asana, evernote, leadpages, Ontraport
- Excellent attention to detail and exceptional writing skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- A can do attitude
- A commitment to achieving results
This role is for you if you:
- Are passionate about working for a purpose driven company having a huge positive impact in the world
- Thrive in roles where you can take self-initiative
- Love a good spreadsheet and get excited about tracking and interpreting business metrics
- Have strong experience in running Facebook Ads with good ROI and comfortable using Power Editor (or willing to learn)
- Are someone who is on social media daily and would be willing to be spreading your hours across the week to regularly attend to social media channels
- Are willing to be adaptable and flexible within your role (ie. think being on board during emergency situations which are an inevitable part of running an online start up)
- Love learning about new tech tools that exist to grow business
- Are looking for a long term role, at minimum the next 2-3 years
This role is not for you if:
- You are new to the online business world
- You thrive on structure and need to be told what to do most of the time
- You are unable to work flexible hours and meet the fluctuating intensity of work periods that go along with working in a start up that has seasonal launches
- Organisation is not one of your strengths
- Facebook reports and google analytics make you want to bury your head in the sand
- You are looking for a short term gig
Tools currently used in the business:
Excel, Word, Google Drive, Dropbox, Gotowebinar, Ontraport, Leadpages, WordPress, Hootsuite, Asana.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK EQUIVALENT OF 3 DAYS A WEEK INITIALLY AND THEN INCREASING TO FULL TIME ACROSS PEAK LAUNCH PERIODS ( March-May and August-October) – flexible hours
Please complete THIS FORM
Submit 3 examples of Facebook social media posts for the Mindful in May Facebook page paying particular attention to design and aesthetic. (attach these to an email with subject ‘social media job: [your name] send to [email protected]
1. One post should be in line with the MIM brand (use an image based post)
2. One post can be based on your own design aesthetic and creativity (demonstrating your own design flair and the potential you could bring to the Mind Life Project/Mindful in May vision)
3. One post should be content related ie an article that would be a good fit and include copy that is aligned with the MIM tone
SUBMIT A SHORT VIDEO no more than 5 minutes sharing:
1.Why you want this position
2.What you will bring to the team
3.An example of a business that could be a potential collaborator and one idea of how Mind Life Project or Mindful in May could collaborate to drive business growth.
Be as creative as you like (can be shot on webcam or smartphone).
After filming the video please upload it to dropbox or wetransfer (whichever you prefer) and then send a link to the video, to [email protected] with subject heading “video application:[your name].
If you are shortlisted there will be a an interview process for the job.
Applications close on Nov 11th BUT are on a rolling basis and job will be given to the applicant with the best fit as soon as it is received
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to reply to successful candidates. Thank you for your interest in joining the Mind Life Project team.