About the Mind Life Project + Mindful in May
The Mind Life Project, is a social enterprise which supports people to live happy, fulfilled lives through online and offline mindfulness based personal development programs and events. See the incredible impact we have had through our fundraising in bringing clean water to thousands in developing countries in partnership with charity:water here.
One of The Mind Life Project’s signature offerings is the Mindful in May global one month online mindfulness meditation campaign that has taught thousands of people around the world to meditate and raised over $600,000 to build clean water wells in developing countries.
Hear what participants of our programs are saying:
The Mind Life Project also offers:
- The Power of Presence 6 week online mindfulness program
- Corporate mindfulness training
- The Mind Life Project monthly membership – including live online guided meditations with Elise Bialylew
- Monthly offline meditation events that integrate creativity and the arts and build community and connection
- (Soon to launch) The Mind Life Project podcast – conversations on living a happy, fulfilled life
About the Role
As the Social Media Manager you will support the Mind Life Project and it’s associated initiatives including the annual Mindful in May campaign, to grow, expand, touch more lives, and have a larger positive impact in the world.
You’ll be working in a small team alongside the founder Elise Bialylew, to create and execute a social media and marketing strategy. You’ll have your finger on the pulse of all things digital marketing, with a natural inclination to stay on top of the ever-changing landscape and trends online. You’ll also have strong design skills AND personal experience or interest in meditation, mindfulness, wellbeing, and/or personal development. You’ll be familiar with the leading global meditation and wellbeing brands. You’ll create stunning, relevant content with your deign flair to give Mindful in May and the Mind Life Project a brand lift and at the same time bring your technical savviness to running Facebook ads and ensuring strong return on investment.
- 5+ yrs experience in online business/digital marketing
- Personal experience or interest in mindfulness or meditation with a passion for a genuine interest in keeping on top of new content in the field of wellness, positive psychology, happiness, wisdom but not necessarily a desire to teach (you must be down to earth as the brand has a heavy emphasis on science based, accessible teaching – ie. if you’re into crystals, psychics and tarot cards we’re probably not the right fit).
- Strong sense of aesthetic/design and graphic design skills with an interest in improving the visual identity of the brand (ie. an ability to whip up a nicely designed PDF for sharing on social media or create an ebook and potentially give your input on other design aspects of the brand ie website etc)
- Strong writing skills
- Brilliant attention to detail
- A can do attitude with an ability to be self directed, flexible and comfortable working in a lean business
- Experience and evidence of running successful Facebook ads
Not essential but desirable:
- A capacity for video editing (for social media videos)
- Previous experience working with online programs/online membership programs and a familiarity with evergreen funnels
- Creating and executing digital marketing strategy (including designing /creating content)
- Designing collateral material for social media and more broadly for the Mindful in May campaign as needed.
- Researching and initiating partnerships with social media influencers
- Managing Facebook community groups for online programs offered by Mind Life Project
- Running Facebook ads and tracking metrics and data (ie google analytics, FB analytics from FB ads) to inform and optimise conversions.
- Initially Oct-Jan 3 days a week increasing to 4 days from Mid Jan-May during peak campaign time with a base 3 days a week with flexible working hours.
- A long term ongoing opportunity to be part of an agile, creative team making a huge positive difference in the world.
- this work will be predominantly virtual. However, there is preference for someone within Australia’s time zone. If you are based in Melbourne, there will be opportunities for in person co-working as suited to the candidate.
How to apply for this job
Please complete THIS FORM
Please send 4 image based posts that you think would be appropriate for the Mindful in May instagram stream (please use your own aesthetic flair, we are looking for people who have a design sense that could enhance the Mindful in May visual brand). Send your posts to [email protected] with Subject heading: Social Media Manager.
Applications close on Oct 25th with an interview for those that are shortlisted.
For any enquiries email: [email protected]
Please note: Due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to reply to shortlisted candidates. Thank you for your interest in joining the Mind Life Project team.
We are always looking for talent so if you have different skills or would like to send us your resume for other roles that may emerge as we expand please send to [email protected], using the subject line: FUTURE JOBS